The local library of the ICBM at the ICBM-Terramare in Wilhelmshaven is a specialist library covering about 6000 volumes.
The reference collection focuses, amongst other things, on marine science, coastal research, biochemistry, marine chemistry, ecology, geoecology, modelling, marine biotechnology, planktology and environmental chemistry.
- Special location 427 of the BIS (library information system), reference collection
- Even in Wilhelmshaven access to all electronic journals, e-books, databases and handbooks
- Literature requests and selection etc.
- Support of research groups, logistics, connection to BIS
- All services are made available to the entire ICBM
- Copying, binding
- Small but independent budget, excluding electronic resources:
- Build-up of marine sciences literature, oriented at the needs of the research groups’ teaching
- Course material, multiple copies
- Scientific essays, collection development
- Interlibrary loan
Well cross-linked specialist library: provides literature non-bureaucratically through scientific contacts and memberships:
- German Association of Marine Science Libraries and Information Centers (GAMSLIC)/ including the jointly developed “Catalogue of marine sciences libraries in the GBV”
- ASpB German Association of Special Libraries/ section 5 in the DBV, German Library Association
- BIB Vocational Association for Libraries (Berufsverband Information Bibliothek e.V.)