Optical Response of Metal Nanoparticles
- Plasmons in single Ag particles
- Size-dependent plasmon response from single Ag particles
- Optical response of metal nanoparticles governed by Mie-plasmons
- STM-luminescence spectroscopy enables determination of plasmon energies for a single particle as function of size, shape and chemical composition
Plasmons in single Ag particles
- Controlled stimulation of horizontal and vertical plasmon modes for different tip positions above the particle
Topography and luminescence maps of a single silver particle measured at different bias conditions
For details: Myrach et al. Phys. Rev. B 83 (2011) 035416.
Size-dependent plasmon response from single Ag particles
- Blue shifted silver plasmon with decreasing particle size
- Assigned to reduced screening of plasmon mode at particle surface
STM luminescece from Ag particles labeled in the inset (30×30 mm2)
For details: Nilius et al. Phys. Rev. Lett. 84 (2000) 3994.