In the module wir913 Practical Project in Sustainability Economics and Management there is a different offer of courses to choose from.
For current information please follow the links above to the course directory of the University of Oldenburg or check the module catalogue.
Some conditions are listed here.
Duration: 1 Semester
Regular cycle: annual
Type of module: obligatory
Level: AS (Akzentsetzung)
Module should be taken in third Semester
Typo of teaching: Seminar (4h/week)
Teaching language: English
Credit Points: 6
including attendance time: 56h
This module consists of two seminars (2 weekly contact hours per seminar) dealing with several topics from the broad field of sustainability, economics and management during term.
The module’s intention is to integrate current research activities of the University from the research areas of sustainability, economics and management into teaching activities. The Module provides students the possibility to actively participate in current research at Oldenburg University. The module’s seminars each year deal with different projects and are thus designed each year by a different group of Oldenburg located researchers.
This teaching concept provides the interface between theory and application of scientific theories into research practise. Thus, this module also introduces research work at universities in general.
Objectives of the module/comptences:
- Methods of project management
- Introduction into the methods of qualitative empirical research
- Introduction into approaches to time management
- Identification of individual or team projects in sustainability management (case studies, empirical studies, marketing concepts)
- Self organized work on individual or team projects
- Mid-term and final presentation of project results
Prof. Dr. Bernd Siebenhüner
to be announced during the seminar