A03 - 1 - 117
Phone.: +49 (0)441/798 4316
Carl von Ossietzky Universität Oldenburg
ZFG Zentrum für interdisziplinäre
Frauen- und Geschlechterforschung
Ammerländer Heerstraße 114 -118
The Centre for Interdisciplinary Women’s and Gender Studies at Carl von Ossietzky University Oldenburg (ZFG) is a forum for inter- and transdisciplinary Gender Studies. Objectives are
- prompt and inspire research questions,
- initiate research projects,
- promote interdisciplinary and international work,
- productively use the network of scholarly perspectives for research and teaching.
The ZFG is the central space at the university for researchers, young academics, students, and other professionals. Here, they find an organizational structure and resources to pool, (continue to) develop across subjects and disciplines, and network activities and projects in the field of Women’s and Gender Studies.
In particular, the ZFG’s tasks are:
- Promoting the cooperation between researchers from different disciplines, the initiation and support of research projects, and the publication of research findings from Gender Studies and Queer Studies in our publication series.
- Supporting young academics in the field of Gender Studies / Queer Studies.
- Supporting existing Gender Studies and Queer Studies degree programmes, especially the close tie between research and teaching in the research-oriented design of the dual bachelor’s degree programme Gender Studies.
- Assisting the introduction and implementation of gender and queer perspectives into degree programmes and the university’s disciplines.
- Fostering national and international contacts to and relations with researchers who focus on Gender Studies and Queer Studies.
Founded as a research institute (pursuant to §117 Niedersächsisches Hochschulgesetz) in December 2000 as one of the first two of its kind in Germany, the ZFG began its work in January of 2001. Activities are determined by the Centre Board, which is elected by the members of the centre.