Die Universität Oldenburg engagiert sich für Gleichstellung, Diversität, Inklusion und die Vereinbarkeit von Familie und Beruf. Sie ist Unterzeichnerin der Charta der Vielfalt und seit 2004 als familiengerechte Hochschule zertifiziert. Wir begrüßen Bewerbungen von Menschen aller Nationalitäten, ethnischer und sozialer Herkünfte, Religionen, geschlechtlicher Identitäten, sexueller Orientierungen und Altersstufen.
Stellenausschreibung / Job advertisement
At the Division Applied Artificial Intelligence (Prof. Dr. Daniel Sonntag), Department of Computer Science of the of Oldenburg, one senior position is currently available in Applied Artificial Intelligence.
Post-Doc Researchers (m/f/d)
(E 13 TV-L, 100 %)
This post is available immediately, for a fixed term contract, 3 years. The position is suitable for part-time work.
Msc in computer science, mathematics, computational linguistics, media informatics or a related discipline. In addition to the above-mentioned academic university degree, a PhD degree in engineering or natural sciences is required, preferably in computer science, to pursue a group leader position.
State-of-the-art machine learning for (medical) image analysis, information extraction from medical texts, and/or HCI concepts and algorithms for human-in-the-loop machine learning; you should also have experience working with AI technology for modelling context parameters. Additional knowledge of deep learning platforms for image analysis or concepts for health & wellbeing applications would be an asset. Other desirable skills include GPU programming, AutoML, TensorFlow, PyTorch or RapidMiner, or symbolic reasoning for decision making.
Furthermore we expect
- Well-developed communication skills, and willingness to work both independently and within our interdisciplinary research team, leadership qualities
- Strong experience with experimental laboratory setups, hardware-software interfacing
- Excellent command of English (spoken and written)
- Teaching obligations according to the LVVO
Successful candidates must have a strong publication record; presenting scientific findings will be important, as well as implementing demo systems for user evaluations and project deliverables.
Special AI transfer topics in collaboration with the German Research Center for Artificial Intelligence (DFKI): interactive machine learning, explainability (XAI), transparency, fairness, robustness, machine teaching, information extraction (IE) and natural language processing (NLP), semantic web, common sense modelling, or hybrid cognitive technologies.
What we offer:
- An excellent opportunity to make progress in the field of applied artificial intelligence
- Excellent opportunities to continue your personal and professional development
- Strong involvement in project cooperation with international and national partners, both from industry and research. Upon consultation a secondary job with the DFKI is possible.
- An experienced interdisciplinary team (12-15 professionals) that works on adjacent topics and is highly visible in related international research communities
The University of Oldenburg intends to increase the proportion of female employees in the field of science and encourages women to apply for this position. In accordance with Lower Saxony regulations (§ 21 Section 3 NHG) female candidates with equal qualifications will be preferentially considered.
Applicants with disabilities will be given preference in case of equal qualification.
Applications can be sent electronically as one PDF () with reference "AAI-PostDoc" and should include a full CV, copies of certificates and two references, and the earliest possible starting date. Applications close 22nd August 2022 (5pm GMT)