Dr. Thomas Biberger
Medical Physics Section
Carl von Ossietzky Universität Oldenburg
Note: substitute _AT_ by @ within the email addresses, please
phone: +49 441 798-3557
office location: Campus Wechloy, W2-0-068
Current Research Interests
- Auditory modeling
- Perception of audio quality in complex scenes
- Effects of room acoustics on speech reception
- Project A2 - Auditory-object-based perception modelling for complex scenes within the Collaborative Research Centre SFB 1330 Hearing Acoustics
- Project E - Modelling of quality within the Research Unit Individualized Hearing Acoustics (For-1732)
- Biberger, T., and Ewert, S. D. (2019) The effect of room acoustical parameters on speech reception thresholds and spatial release from masking. The Journal of the Acoustical Society of America 146 (6), 2188-2200, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1121/1.5126694
- Fleßner, J.-H., Biberger, T., and Ewert, S. D. (2019) Subjective and objective assessment of monaural and binaural aspects of audio quality. IEEE/ACM Trans. Audio, Speech and Language Processing 27 (7), p. 1112-1125, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/TASLP.2019.2904850
- Biberger, T., Fleßner, J.-H., Huber, R. and Ewert, S. D. (2018) An objective audio quality measure based on power and envelope power cues. Journal of the Audio Engineering Society 66 (7(8), p. 578-593, DOI: https://doi.org/10.17743/jaes.2018.0031
- Biberger, T. and Ewert, S. D. (2017) The role of short-time intensity and envelope power for speech intelligibility and psychoacoustic masking. The Journal of the Acoustical Society of America 142 (2), p. 1098-1111, DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1121/1.4999059
- Biberger, T. and Ewert, S. D. (2016) Envelope and intensity based prediction of psychoacoustic masking and speech intelligibility. The Journal of the Acoustical Society of America 140 (2), p. 1023-1038, DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1121/1.4960574
A Matlab implementation of the combined monaural and binaural audio quality model as described in Fleßner et al. (2019) can be found here. It combines the outputs of a monaural and a binaural audio quality model, namely GPSMq (Biberger et al., 2018) and BAM-Q (Fleßner et al., 2017).
A Matlab implementation of the monaural audio quality model GPSMq as described in Biberger et al. (2018) can be found here.
A Matlab implementation of the binaural audio quality BAM-Q as described in Fleßner et al. (2017) can be found here.