Establish a new joint master degree in biotechnology applied to agri-science, environment and pharmacology.
In spite of rapid development in all area of applied biotechnology all over the world, Egyptian universities and scientific institution somehow are still behind. Biotechnology provides a library of advanced scientific tools in all sectors of human activities including drug development, biomedicine, plant improvement and bio-pesticides, so biotechnology is expected to contribute massively in global economy.
In our project we will develop strong educational Joint master degree in different area of biotechnology (JM-Biotech), based on Bologna system that will contributing to the reform of Egyptian higher education system.
The project will ensure the ability of Egyptian universities partners to offer the new degree based on successful course materials, teaching methods, advanced equipped labs and well trained faculty staff with strong support of EU partners' expertise and experience.
Our wider objective is to establish a new joint Master degree in biotechnology applied to agri- science, environment and pharmacology, this 3 areas are closely related to each other on academic and industrial level the robust developed curriculum will create a new generation of young Egyptian graduates and scientists with new skills and visions, contributing in solving many existing problems in industry in different areas using the most advanced biotechnology methods which help in solving employability problem and some economic issues in Egypt.
Our specific objectives are:
- Establishing a new joint master degree in selected areas of biotechnology based on development of 12 elective courses in selected area of Biotechnology) and update 8 available ones.
- Support the developed curriculum with new teaching skills and methods by training.
- Improving EG partners' laboratories by new advanced Biotech equipment and tools
- Establish biotechnology center in each EG partners to guarantee project dissemination and sustainability.
- Fayoum University (Applicant)
Fayoum City, Egypt
- Aswan University (Partner)
- Zagazig University (Partner)
- El Minia University (Partner)
El Minia, Egypt
- Misr University for science and Technology (Partner)
6th of October City, Egypt
- Sinai University (Partner)
- Benha University (Partner)
- Consiglio Nazionale Delle Ricerche, Ipp Uos Bari (Partner)
- Institute of Biodiversity and Ecosystem Research - BAS (Partner)
- Medical University of Vienna (partner)
- Universitat De Barcelona (partner)
- Oldenburg University (partner)
- University of Natural Resources & Life Science (partner)
Start date: 01.12.2013
End date: 30.11.2016