The SML contains lots of anthropogenic pollutants such as heavy metals and antibiotic derivatives which may affect the diversity of the bacterial members it inhabits. Although not much is known about the availability and the effect of antibiotics in the SML, however, certain studies have established the release of anthropogenic wastes which may contain antibiotic residues into coastal water bodies. The presence of antibiotics in water bodies coupled with the accumulation of their derivatives in the SML in coastal areas may result into the alteration of bacterioneuston communities as well as the distribution of antibiotic resistance genes in the SML. Thus, my research interests are as follow:
- To detect antibiotics in the SML
- To study the antibiotic susceptibility and resistance patterns of bacteria in the SML and to evaluate the effects of antibiotics on bacterial community compositions.
- To investigate the propagations of antibiotic resistance genes in the SML.
To investigate the effects of antibiotics on gaseous production and uptake in the SML
Educational Qualifications ======================================================================
- Carl Von Ossietzky University of Oldenburg 2021/in view Doctorate, Microbiology /Processes and Sensing of Marine Interfaces
- Carl Von Ossietzky University of Oldenburg 2018/2021 M.Sc., Microbiology
- University of Ibadan, Ibadan, Oyo state, Nigeria 2019/2014
- Moshood Abiola Polytechnic, Ogun State 2006/2008
Science Laboratory Technology, National diplomas
Research Activities and Work Experiences =====================================================================
M.Sc. Thesis: Characterization of bacterial isolates from antibiotic treated soil.
M.Sc. Research Projects: The relationship between surface tension (ST) and temperature in Milli Q water, natural seawater (filtered and unfiltered), artificial water and phytoplankton culture using the force tensiometer K100. Identification of cultivated soil bacteria
B.Sc. Thesis: An assessment of microbiological and antibiotic profiles of infantile diarrheagenic bacterial stains
N.D Thesis: Remote sensing and GIS
- Laboratory Technician: Nigerian National Petroleum Cooperation, Nigeria (2008-2009)
- Laboratory Technician: Nigeria institute of Medical research (2007-2008)
- Basic Sciences Teacher: National Youth Service Corps Nigeria. (2015)
- Customer Support Officer: United Bank for Africa, Nigeria. (2015-2018)