To get access to the microscopy facility each user has to attend a short laser safety introduction.
To request introduction, please contact Dr. Petra Bolte. The introduction should be repeated every year.
At the core facility we have following laser classes:
1. Leica SP5 STED (laser class 4/ IV device in accordance with IEC/EN 60825-1 )
- WLL / laser class 3B/ IIIb
- 592 STED laser / laser class 4/ IV
- Argon laser / laser class 3B/ IIIb
2. Leica SP8 (laser class 3B/ IIIb device in accordance with IEC/EN 60825-1 )
- 405nm / laser class 3B/ IIIb
- 488nm / laser class 3B/ IIIb
- 564nm / laser class 3B/ IIIb
- diode laser(633nm) / laser class 3B/ IIIb
Regarding lasers class IV:
"Class IV—High Power Laser, whose beam is, by definition, a safety and fire hazard. Take precautions to prevent exposure to direct and reflected beams. Diffuse as well as specular reflections cause severe skin or eye damage. Danger! " (ref.)